Thursday, May 17, 2018

Two More Warbler Mornings

Northern Parula

   The last two mornings there has been a continuing influx of warblers in my yard.  Today I had ten species of them, including a first of the year Magnolia(unphotographed) which is the 100th bird species I've recorded in the yard this year. Last year I didn't hit 100 until October 22.  This year I hit that milestone before the first lawn cutting of the season (by six hours).
Chestnut-sided 

Nashville

American Redstart 

Blackburnian

Black and White

  Vireos are also zipping around the yard.
Blue-headed
   I think this next one might be a Philadelphia Vireo.   Please correct me if I'm wrong. Contact info is at the bottom of the page.
   Other birds included
Scarlet Tanager
Blue Jay

1 comment:

  1. Could be a Philly,yellow throat,dark lores,but it looks like a Warbling too! My guess would be a Philly.Dont want to be pedantic here,but that Redstart could be a first year male.

    ReplyDelete