Friday, May 4, 2018

New Arrivals 5/4/2018




  An inch of rain also brought a bunch offspring migrants down to my yard.
Blue-headed Vireos have been around since Tuesday
   Three warblers made their first of the year appearances today.
Black and White Warbler

Pine Warbler

Nashville Warbler
   Last year was the first spring since I moved to this house in 2015, that I had Red-headed Woodpeckers visit, so I wasn't really sure if they would be back this year.  Today I had two calling and hammering for about an hour.
  Other first of year birds that weren't photographed.  White-crowned Sparrow, Rose-breasted Grosbeak and a pair of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.  The yard list is up to 78 for the year.

  The sun will be out tomorrow and I'm plan on getting some shots of the hummingbirds.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment