Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Indigo Bunting 5/9/2018

    I was able to add a new bird to the yardlist this morning when I got home from work.  I didn't even have a chance to enter the house when I noticed an Indigo Bunting (#121) singing near the top of an oak tree.  It later came down to ground level where I was able to get an obstructed-view photo of it.

  Other first of the year visitors that I obtained photos of were Scarlet Tanager and Yellow-throated Vireo.  Others firsts not photographed were Red-eyed Vireo, Hermit Thrush, Tennessee Warbler, Cape May Warbler, Black-Throated Green Warbler and Gray Catbird.
Female Scarlet Tanager

Yellow-throated Vireo

Clay-colored Sparrow, yesterday's guest of honor
    The Baltimore Orioles finally found the grape jelly that was left out for them on Sunday.

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Blue-headed Vireo

No comments:

Post a Comment