Saturday, May 12, 2018

Migratory Bird Count - Riverton Twp. 5/12/2018

   For the second year in a row I covered the whole of Riverton Township during the Mason County Spring Migratory Bird Count.  Dave Dister tipped me off on Blue-winged Warblers in my count area.  I had scouted the area during the mid-week but was unable to find them.  Fortunately today was a different story.  I heard 3 singing males and was able to secure some properly lit photos of one of them.
   Another good bird was this Hooded Warbler (1st Spring Female?).

   Baltimore Orioles were seen in several locations.
   Other birds were....
Vesper Sparrow

Eastern Bluebird

Tree Swallow

Green Heron

Yellow-throated Vireo

Female Buffleheads. The one on the right appears to be eating a waterbug.

Solitary Sandpiper, alone with its reflection.

Sandhill Cranes

Bobolink

Gray Catbird


Chestnut-sided Warbler

Black and White Warbler

Brown Thrasher

Yellow-rumped Warbler

American Redstart

Red-eyed Vireo

Yellow Warbler


Eastern Kingbird
   Back at my house, I added a few more species during an afternoon feeder watch.
Red-headed Woodpecker

Lincoln's Sparrow

White-throated Sparrow

Chipping Sparrow

White-Crowned Sparrow
I ended my Riverton survey with 66 species and was able to add another 7 in my yard when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment