Tuesday, May 15, 2018

10 Warblers Species in the Yard

Female American Redstart
     All day long warblers stopped by to fuel up for their continuing migration. In all ten species were tallied.
Yellow Warbler

Cape May Warbler

Tennessee Warbler
  Besides the warblers shown above...Black-throated Green, Chestnut-sided, Bay-breasted, Northern Parula, Blackburnian and Yellow-rumped were also counted.

  Pine Siskins continue to mob my feeders to the point that their numbers raise a red-flag when entered on Ebird.  Today I logged 31 on my Ebird submission but that was only the ones I counted in and under one tree.

    Three or four Baltimore Orioles are hitting their feeders hard all day.
  The aforementioned Bay-breasted Warbler was the 98th species that I've seen in and around the yard this year.  Last year I didn't hit 98 until September 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment