Saturday, May 2, 2020

Getting Birdy Around Here 5/2/2020

   To paraphrase Glenn Danzig from the Misfits punk anthem 'Where Eagles Dare'(1979)...."Work down the street at night. But live where eagles dare". 
   From the first morning that I moved into this house and watched a Bald Eagle fly by at eye level as I was eating a bowl of Tony Tiger, I realized that I would get some great eagle photo-ops.  Now we just have to working on getting more photogenic fish into my photos.
  I can almost imagine the eagle singing the first line of the chorus(which can't be printed here) in the aforementioned song while the steelhead joins in for the second line. 
Eagle:"I ain't no #^$  &% (   * #*  of a    #(@*(!# "
Together: "You'd better think about it, Baby"
  At my previous house I would only see Brown Thrashers once or twice a year if at all but here they have been present everyday since they arrived on April 20.

Rose-breasted Grosbeak arrived April 29

Ruby-throated Hummingbird arrived May 1.
    Today I added 5 birds to the yard list bringing the total up to 88.
House Wren #84

Gray Catbird #85

Palm Warbler #86

Gadwall #87
   Not pictured Common Yellowthroat #88.

2 comments:

  1. Great shots Mark! The Rose-breasted Grosbeak is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, things are really picking up. Hopefully the cool weather this week doesn't slow migration down too much.

    ReplyDelete