Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mason County NAMC 5/9/2020

     The bright sunshine was deceiving as the morning of the North American (spring) Migration Count started out with temperatures near freezing and winds gusting over 35 mph.  As uninviting as the brisk wind was today, it was better than what we had yesterday and is forecast for tomorrow, where both days' forecasts included snow.  Below is a mid-spring lake-effect snow cloud making its way toward shore yesterday afternoon.
  Didn't see as many birds on the count today as I had in previous years but some of those that I did see allowed me to get some decent photos.
Common Loon

Yellow-rump Warbler

Palm Warbler

Warbling Vireo

Gray Catbird

Field Sparrow
   Only saw 42 species when I covered my assigned area of Riverton Township.  But I added  10 more species after I got home and counted birds around my yard.
Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Red-bellied Woodpecker

No comments:

Post a Comment