Sunday, April 19, 2020

Marbled Godwit 4/19/2020

   This afternoon Dave Dister found a Marbled Godwit in a farm field on Colburn Rd just east of US-31. It is possibly the first April record for this species in Mason County.



  Besides the Godwit, the small flooded area of the field also attracted several Bonaparte's Gulls...
....and Greater Yellowlegs.

  This morning from my yard I saw groups of small passerines whose identity I couldn't determine visually even with the aid of binoculars.  Even though tracking the birds with my camera was a challange, through photographs I was able to determine that most if not all of the birds were Yellow-rumped Warblers.  I counted over 170 of them.
    Below is one of the 3 Bald Eagles that I saw fly over my yard this morning.
I live where eagles dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment