Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Red in the morning, blah blah blah


   Tuesday morning, just before sunrise, the eastern sky morphed from gray to an artist's palette of pinks, blues and every shade in between.  Of course the colorful dawn glow was a harbinger of rainy weather, that moved in over the next couple of hours.   The incoming clouds snuffed out every trace of color before the sun even made it to the horizon just minutes later.
View from space?

   Tuesday night, an errand that I attempted to run to Grosse Ile on my way to work was thwarted by two trains and boat-triggered bridge opening. I aborted the mission before I got to the island and found myself with some time on my hands, as I had left home early and was only slightly detoured.  
  As I got closer to work I noticed that the moonlight in the clear sky overhead was illuminating some clouds over Lake Erie and northern Ohio that had their own internal light source.  So with my few extra minutes I was able to fire off a few photos before my shift started.

   Not sure if any of my photos are worth a thousand words but the photograph below may be worth a dozen or so for each of the potential cropping options.
First crop....eliminated ground clutter

Tight crop reveals stars of Sagittarius

Teapot asterism

Works as a vertical also
    This next photo reveals lightning tentacles reaching for the stars.
                                      
   They become more apparent in tighter crop



No comments:

Post a Comment