Saturday, May 18, 2019

Time to Catch Up


  There have been so much bird activity in my yard the past 3 days that I haven't had time to do a post.  Here are photos that I've taken since Thursday.

Philadelphia Vireo

I thought it was a fledgling Pine Siskin


Chestnut-sided Warbler

Friday I added two birds to the yardlist...
Eastern Kingbird #128

and Least Flycatcher #129
Other first of the year birds that arrived Friday
Red-eyed Vireo
and...
American Redstart
 Others that have been hanging around for the whole week....
Gray Catbird

Captain Morgan
   Today the lighting conditions were poorer but it didn't stop the parade of feathered visitors.
Second ever Field Sparrow visit.

Third ever Black-throated Warbler (first was last Friday)

White-crowned Sparrows finally showed up this week...
....as did an Indigo Bunting


Female Scarlet Tanager

Blackpoll Warbler
   The all-time yardlist is now at 129, the year list is at 100 and I've recorded 83 so far this month.

2 comments:

  1. Great list, Mark! I'm at just over 100 for my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the lingering cold this spring it took a while for the migration to get rolling but since mid-April it has been pretty remarkable. At one point I was about 10 days behind last years pace in terms of species, but I hit 100 only a day later than last year.

    ReplyDelete