Tuesday, May 14, 2019

6 Day Weekend

Day 1
Roadside Wood Duck at Lake Erie Metropark on Wednesday
Day 2
        The following birds were at Crane Creek State Park in Ohio last Thursday.
Palm Warbler

Blackpoll Warbler

Marsh Wren

Magnolia Warbler

Black-throated Warbler

Chestnut-sided Warbler

Ovenbird
Day 3
 Friday I was back home and a short walk with Nico resulted in two new additions to the yardlist.  First I noticed a Veery (#124) in my wooded lot next to my house.
   and just a minute later as we walked up the driveway, I heard and then visually located a Black-throated Warbler(#125).

First of the season Black and White Warbler in the yard.
Day 5
   This morning at Ludington State Park I saw a pair of Piping Plovers. The blinged out male is shown below.
   Later in the morning a male Ruby-throated Hummingbird posed for photos at my feeding station.


Unnatural belly color is the reflection of the orange Oriole feeder.


Baltimore Oriole waiting his turn at the feeder.
    This evening I attempted to photograph the sunset phenomena known as the green flash.  The conditions weren't optimal so just a little bit of green fringe was visible in the photos at the top of the Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment