Saturday, February 24, 2018

Eight Snowy Owls

  This morning I set out to make a run at besting the Mason County daily record of 6 Snowy Owls that I set in December and was tied on Thursday by Tom Bagwell.  I started in the US-31 area where Tom found all of his owls within roughly a quarter mile of the highway.

   Between 9 AM and noon I found seven Snowies within a couple of miles of the US-31 corridor.  Below is a map of where the first 6 were located.


1

2

3

4

5

6
   The seventh owl was found on a pile of tires in a yard on Tuttle Rd between Hansen and Decker.  As it sat motionless in the backyard of the residence a large Great Dane played in the front yard.
7

   The eighth Snowy was found on the reservoir at my worksite.
8
    As I was leaving my workplace a Bald Eagle flew near and provided a photo op.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, when Tom Bagwell found 6 in the US-31 area the other day I figured my restricted access worksite could be good for another 1 or 2.

    ReplyDelete