Thursday, February 15, 2018

Bobcat Cold Wait

   A call from Dave Dister early this afternoon had me running out the door before the conversation was over.  Dave found a sleeping Bobcat about 40' up in a tree, 200 feet east of Dennis Rd. in Victory Township.   My wife and I headed right out there to find the dozing cat with its backside pointed toward the road. 
   The cats that I've known personally can sleep 12 hours straight without a break(?), so I knew it might get pretty frustrating waiting for the big guy to present his better side.  We ended up spending about half an hour watching the Bobcat with just some slight repositioning but never showing its face or even more than one ear.  After a quick drive around the area we returned to find that it had stirred and was now facing the road with the muted sun illuminating its sleeping face.
   I was even able to get some shots of it with its sleepy eyes half open.
  Although other people have seen one at my worksite, this is the first live one that I've ever seen,

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm glad it turned around around for a proper photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the best headline on this blog for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete