Thursday, May 18, 2017

Tawas Point State Park

   
  Drove across the state this morning to the shores of Lake Huron unsuccessfully chasing a Fork-tailed Flycatcher. According to more punctual birders I missed the Fork-tail by 2 hours.  In the three hours that I searched for the target bird I saw some more pedestrian neotropic migrants.
Immature Summer Tanager

Scarlet Tanager


Orchard Oriole
Female Baltimore Oriole

Northern Parula

Blackburnian Warbler

Indigo Bunting

Rose-breasted Grosbeak
  Of course a late report from Marc North this evening reveals that the Forktailed Flycatcher has been refound in Tawas State Park.  I think that I'm living on the wrong side of the state because while I was over on the sunrise side a Painted Bunting was found in the same (Iosco) county and in nearby Bay County  a Laughing Gull, a Eurasian Wigeon as well as both Marble and Hudsonian Godwits were found.

No comments:

Post a Comment