Saturday, October 31, 2015

Fox Sparrow and Late Rose-breasted Grosbeak in the yard


     Been a rainy past few days but it didn't mean some productive birding couldn't be accomplished.  On Wednesday I added the 87th species to my yard list when this Fox Sparrow was observed kicking leaves under a spruce tree.





Fox Sparrow



  Early this afternoon while passing through the kitchen I noticed a female Rose-Breasted Grosbeak near the suet feeder on my deck.  I was hoping to grab a quick photo of it but realized that I had left the camera in the car.  By the time I retrieved the canon rig the bird was gone.  An hour later it returned, this time on a seed feeder in the front yard.  I was able to snap a few blurry photos through a rain splattered window from 40 yards away.  Records indicate it is the latest fall Rose-Breasted Grosbeak for the county by 21 days. 



Rose-breasted Grosbeak

No comments:

Post a Comment