Friday, May 28, 2021

How Did That Happen? 5/17/2021 / That Didn't Last Long

 



  On Sunday May 16 Dave Dister called to say that Suzie Knoll found 4 Common Gallinules at the marsh on Pere Marquette Highway.  Having recently discovered that I was near the top of the list of ebirders for Mason County and that I was lacking the Gallinules I headed out there and got some distant photos.  Also while I was out there I heard several Sedge Wrens and was able to get a decent photo of the mostly heard but not always seen bird.
   I had been firmly planted in fifth place on the county ebird list until I found the "Target Species" link on ebird's Mason County page.  When I went over the list I found that I had not only seen about 20 of the birds that I was lacking, I had photographed and blogged about them. So I went back and submitted the sightings and found myself tied for first with Matt McConnell.  The Gallinules and Sedge Wren put me on top of the list temporarily. 


Update :   It didn't take long(one week) before Matt McConnell deservedly reclaimed the top spot on the Ebird  Mason County Leaderboard.





No comments:

Post a Comment