Sunday, November 22, 2020

Countdown to 150, Black Scoters Yard Bird #149 11/22/2020

  Early this afternoon, I took an early half-time break from the latest televised inept Detroit Lions performance and walked out to the edge of my bluff to scan the small flocks of ducks on Lake Michigan. I soon found a group of three ducks that appeared to be Scoters.  With the camera I was able to confirm that they were Black Scoters.  Their addition to the yard list brings the list to 149.

   Last Tuesday, Matt McConnell found a Purple Sandpiper on a small breakwater off the Loomis Street boatlaunch in Ludington Harbor. 

  A day earlier I had a late Indigo Bunting under my front yard feeders.  The November 16 date shattered the late fall date of October 6 for Mason County.

                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment