Sunday, August 12, 2018

Persied Meteors 8/12/2018


    Clear moonless conditions have been ideal for the annual Persied  meteor shower.
Big Pink Lightbulb sinks into Lake Michigan
   Although 60 meteors per hour are supposed to be visible from an unobstructed location, I barely saw more than 1 per hour in my tiny patch of sky.


  The photo below shows not a meteor but rather a -4 magnitude Iridium Flare caused by the Sun reflecting off of an Iridium Communication satellite's antenna. Explanation of satellite flares here..Satellite_flare
   A couple of weeks ago I acquired a new friend.  She's a self-walking Larbradoodle.  She'll be 4 months old tomorrow and has already hit the 30 lb. milestone. Between the two vet visits she's had, she grew 18% in 17 days.  I like big mutts and I cannot lie.

5 comments:

  1. She might end up needing her own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mutt. The best kind of dog. I also love your FAQ section. I just noticed this. Previously I might have thought all that small print was some sort of Google promotion.

    ReplyDelete