Friday, September 4, 2015

Birds, Butterflies and Bats

  The title sound like a Paul Cypher blog post. Paul's Blog - Birds, Brews and Blither

 In the dwindling evening daylight I had half a dozen Common Nighthawks put on a show over my house in Mason County.




  Besides the Nighthawks I saw several migrating Monarch butterflies all flying in the southwest direction.  They passed by right up until sunset. The last one I saw at 8:12 PM, 4 minutes before local sunset.  It did a couple of laps around one of my White Pines before settling onto one of the branches to roost for the night.


Chimney Swift
  Five minutes after sunset I was able to get a couple of photos of a high flying bat.  Subsequent lower flying bats were impossible to keep in the camera's viewfinder.



No comments:

Post a Comment