Thursday, February 20, 2014

White-winged Scoter at work

  In the wee hours of this morning I answered an email from Jerry Jourdan in which he asked me if I had seen any good birds lately at work.  I told him nothing too unusual and I specifically mentioned that I hadn't seen the White-winged Scoters (that were counted on the Monroe CBC)  since December.  A couple of hours later my shift ends and I pull out my binoculars and scan the waters of a pond on my work site.  Halfway through the scan I find a first year male White-winged Scoter.  If this is one of the CBC Scoters it has been hiding pretty good because I park next to this area every day  Below are some shots of him and some other birds that I photographed before the sleet chased me to my car.







       I would've been happy to have attained this next photo of a Bald Eagle had it been a portrait shot through the bars of a cage. But getting this photo of a wild bird in flight staring me down, made my day.

 Here is the uncropped image.

Immature Eagle also staring me down

Resident male Peregrine

Great Black-backed Gull

Early Killdeer

Tree Sparrow
  Just after I photographed the Tree Sparrow the sleet started coming down.  By the time I made it home I was in the middle of a rare thundersnow storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment