Thursday, August 15, 2013

Snowy Egrets at work

  Went in to work 4 hours and 20 minutes early last night.  The 4 hours was an overtime assignment and the twenty minutes was to try to photograph the pair of Snowy Egrets that have been hanging around for at least a week.  The Snowies are in an area off limits to the public and can not be seen the road. 

Black legs with yellow feet


The pair fly away


   Since I had my camera with me when I got off work this morning I walked the lakeshore and photographed this Bald Eagle.


Immature Bald Eagle


   The only shore birds I saw were Killdeer, Spotted Sandpiper and the Semipalmated Plover pictured below.


Semipalmated  Plover

  Back inside the company compound I found this Belted Kingfisher.

Belted Kingfisher


Fishing like a King

  On the way home I took some shots of the Ospreys at their nest on West Jefferson near Vreeland.

Osprey on tower

No comments:

Post a Comment