Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Rough-legged Record 11/09/2021


  A report from Brian Allen in Manistee County of a southbound Black-legged Kittiwake had me  perched at the edge of my bluff on high alert.  The Kittiwake was a no-show but migrating Rough-legged Hawks did not leave me disappointed.

  According to Mason County bird record compiler and author Dave Dister the high daily count for Roughies was 15 on last year's Christmas Bird Count.   Between Dave, Brian Brosky and I we totaled 29 yesterday.  With 21 of them being seen from my yard, including 17 between 12:51-1:38 pm.  Three of the 21 were dark-morphs.
 







  

2 comments:

  1. Great count, Mark! We are struggling at the hawk watch to see any this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on the counts at LEMP and Holiday Beach. Wish I could trade a couple Rough-leggeds for a Golden Eagle.

    ReplyDelete