Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Woodstork '21 8/3/2021

 


   By the time I got to Wood Stork...it was in the roadside ditch making a meal of small minnows.  It's an understatement to say this bird was cooperative.  It was downright bold, as it forced me to backpedal as it kept moving within the range of my lens's near focus.  
  When I first arrived this morning at the stakeout I could see Brian Brosky standing in front of his truck but the bird was not visible.  I made eye contact with Brian and he motioned downward as the bird walked about 3 feet in front of him and momentarily stood to the middle of the road.
     It soon resumed its patrol of the ditch.
  Next time I'll have to bring extension tubes so that I can get my lens's near focus from 15 feet down to 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment