Thursday, June 8, 2017

Couldn't Be More Pacific 6/8/2017


   
   A wayward, breeding-plumaged Pacific Loon was found by Stan Lilley earlier this week in Littlefield Lake in Isabella County.  I was unable to breakaway from life's obligations to chase after this striking bird until today.
  Many birders previously reported the bird at the DNR boatlaunch off of West Stevenson Lake Road.  When I got to that spot the bird was nowhere to be found.  Luckily another birder came by and directed me to the location where the bird was being seen from Birch Rd on the most eastern edge of the southern portion of the lake.  Here are the locations marked on a Google Map
Today's location marked with an x in the circle
 
Location in zoomed detail



  Here is an unedited video that I was able to shoot.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a basic plumage Pacific Loon in Michigan, but I have to say, quite spectacular in alternate plumage.

    ReplyDelete