Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Migration




  October migration is in full swing, had a Carolina Wren visit the yard for the first time in three years.




  My yard has hosted a Ruby-Crowned Kinglet on 7 days so far this month, I only had 8 visits in the past five years.  The funny thing is that this Kinglet has shown up on every odd numbered day except the 7th and has yet to appear on an even numbered day.  Maybe tomorrow.


  Then the sparrows arrived.
White-throated Sparrow



Song Sparrow



White-crowned Sparrow




Late Monarch


  Here are some warblers that I saw after work on Wednesday last week.
Common Yellowthroat

Yellow-rumped

Palm
 Last Friday I stopped by the Lake Erie Metropark Hawk Count.  The highlight for me was this male Northern Harrier.

  There were still a few monarchs passing through.
Flight shot composite


No comments:

Post a Comment