Saturday, March 9, 2013

Productive day of yardbirding

Lots if migrating birds flying over the yard this morning. Highlights included 8 Northern Pintails which were a new addition to the yardlist (now at 126). 


 
 Another highlight was a Merlin that was meandering pretty high.

It was  the second Merlin that I photographed from the yard this year.  It could be the same bird hanging around, because I thought I saw one zip through my yard a couple of weeks ago but I didn't get a good look.

   I had 3 Mute Swans fly over.  The first two were so low I couldn't keep them both in the camera's field of view.
   As expected this time of year the Canada Geese were migrating in big numbers, I counted 247 before 9:30 AM.

  Just a thought here why do we spend 8 months out of the year in non-Standard Time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment